Michael Robinson, Director
Michael Ruputz, Assistant Director
- Alley Fraser, Senior Customer Service Agent
- Connie Cantelmo, Customer Service Agent
- Alexander Segilola, Customer Service Agent
- James Tillman, Customer Service Agent
Mark Painter, Administrator – Corporate Card Program
- Tracey Knight, Senior Customer Service Agent – Procard
LaTessa Brown, Capital Accounts Payable Specialist
The Accounts Payable Department is a functional part of Georgetown Sourcing & Procurement Services (GS&PS). Accounts Payable’s mission is to provide timely and accurate payments while providing responsive and quality services to the University Community, vendors, and students, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Accounts Payable is primarily responsible for processing payment documents related to Purchase Orders, Check Requests, Supplier Invoices, using the Payment Request process (Payment Requests) as well as expense reimbursements made to University employees. Functions of this area also include the following:
1. Printing and distributing checks
2. Monitoring vendor statements
3. Researching returned checks & ACH
4. Processing credit invoices
5. Maintaining permanent records of backup documentation for payments
6. Providing assistance and direction to departments in settling disputes with vendors
7. Providing follow-up services on outstanding payments and resolving problems which may arise
8. Verifying that adequate backup documentation exists prior to authorizing the release of checks to vendors.
The office of Accounts Payable created a secured ProCard application submission repository through the University’s BOX resource. The repository will hold completed ProCard applications in a safe environment accessible exclusively by administrators of the Office of Accounts Payable. Once submitted, ProCard applications will be reviewed and processed by Accounts Payable administrators.
Completed applications must be uploaded via the BOX link below. A valid “georgetown.edu” email address is required to upload completed applications.
ProCard Contact Information: email@example.com
2121 Wisconsin Ave NW
Washington, DC 20007
Effective February 1, 2019, Departments were no longer required to complete the paper Miscellaneous Payment Form and submit it via email to Accounts Payable. Instead, requestors will simply log directly into GMS to create a payment request, attach supporting documentation, and submit for approval and payment in GMS.
This new process will improve process transparency, reduce time to payment, and increase efficiency. The below email accounts were closed as of February 8, 2019 and will not be reviewed for submitted requests after that date:
The job aid for training on the payment request can be viewed here. This will help to guide you through in more detail and clarify instances where a Purchase Order should be utilized instead of a Miscellaneous Payment Form.
We recognize the importance of maintaining productive relationships with the University community and our suppliers, and we strive to provide professional and courteous service to both our internal and external customers while ensuring an expedient disbursement process.
Direct Accounts Payable questions to FAService@georgetown.edu or 202-687-4848.