Tax Department Mission
The mission of the Financial Affairs Tax Department is to guide the University in matters of international, federal, state and local taxation. The Tax Department creates and monitors policies and procedures for tax law compliance and the protection of the University’s tax exempt status.
We are responsible for:
- Researching international, federal, state and local tax compliance for the University;
- The University’s federal, state and local tax returns;
- Unrelated Business Income (UBI) monitoring and reporting;
- Tax Exempt Bond Private Business Use (PBU) monitoring and reporting;
- Worker classification determinations;
- Maintaining required tax documents for Suppliers;
- Nonresident Alien (NRA) tax withholding;
- Issuing Form 1099-MISC and Form 1042-S;
- Facilitating Value Added Tax (VAT) refund claims.
The Tax Department does not provide personal income tax advice to students or employees.