We have been using Siteimprove for monitoring accessibility issues for a few years now, but there is even more that Siteimprove can do! Web editors at Georgetown can use Siteimprove to monitor and optimize their websites by using tools that detect content quality, broken links, and search engine optimization issues.
- Log in to Siteimprove with your netid and password.
- Email email@example.com to request Read-Only access. Make sure to include the website that you need Siteimprove access to in your email and cc your supervisor if you are not a primary contact for the website.
These are basic things that everyone should be regularly monitoring to improve the quality of the experience on their site. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a regular email report to remind you to fix these issues.
Broken links have a negative impact on search ranking and user experience, but they are easy to monitor and fix! For more information, visit Siteimprove’s guide to managing broken links.
- From the menu, go to Quality Assurance > Links.
- From there, you can drill down to view both Broken Links and Pages with Broken Links. Use the Pages with Broken Links to prioritize the most important pages that have broken links.
- On the Broken Links and Pages with Broken Links pages, use the magnifying glass next to specific broken links to view the location of the broken link on your website.
- Log in to your website to fix any broken links flagged by Siteimprove.
Misspellings can have a negative impact on how users view your site. Make sure to check for spelling errors and correct them on your site! For more information, visit Siteimprove’s guide to correcting misspellings.
- From the menu, go to Quality Assurance > Spelling.
- From there, you’ll be able to Find Misspellings as well as Pages with Misspellings or Words to Review. Use the Pages with Misspellings to prioritize the most important pages that have misspellings.
- On the Find Misspellings, you can view words SiteImprove has flagged and either approve the word or find the page to correct the misspellings. To view the pages with the misspellings, click on the down arrow under “Pages” to the right of the flagged word.
- On the Find Misspellings and Pages with Misspellings or Words to Review pages, click on the URL of the page to view the location of the misspelling on your website.
- Log in to your website to fix any misspellings flagged by SiteImprove.
Policies can be used to enforce style guides, catch common mistakes, and ensure a consistent experience. For more information, visit Sitemprove’s guide to creating policies.
- From the menu, go to Policy. From there, you’ll be able to view the Policy overview, My Policies, Policy Library and My Sites.
- On the My Policies page, you can view all active policies on your site as well as their matches.
- To create a new policy, click on “create policy”. Then, choose the appropriate policy category and click “create policy”.
- You can view policy matches by clicking the policy on the My Policies page. Click on the page URL to view the location of the policy on your website.