Forms are tools that help you plan events, send a survey, give students a quiz, or collect other information in an easy, streamlined way. The recommended platform for this is Google Forms, which can be accessed from Georgetown University Apps. Further information is available on the Google Drive support site.
The following information is geared toward creating a Google Form for sharing, or for embedding the Google Form block in your own site.
Creating a Google Form from Google Drive
- Access your Google Drive, or click the Drive option in your Georgetown Inbox.
- Click the red Create button, then click Form.
- In the form template that opens, you can add any questions you’d like. You can also organize your form by adding headers and dividing your form into several pages.
Google Support has more information about editing a form.
Setting Notifications for Form Submissions
- While in the Google Form editor, navigate to the Responses tab, then click Create Spreadsheet.
- Once the new spreadsheet has been created, return to your Google Form. Click the menu icon, then select Get email notifications for new responses.
- You will now instantly receive updates any time the survey is filled. To view these responses, you will need to access your Drive again, and view the data in the Responses Spreadsheet.